Only after putting down a deposit did I learn that it is D.R.Horton's policy to delay occupancy of the house by the buyer for up to three days "while the title is registered in your name".

Because I have a mortgage, it would be my name and the mortgage company's name. I was buying a house out of already-constructed inventory that had been advertised as "move-in ready", and the minimum time from the time that I signed the contract to closing would have been six weeks., which should have been plenty of time to correct any deficiencies, like connecting the water to the refrigerator freezer's ice maker. I was moving to Laughlin from several states away, and it would have been helpful to have immediate possession of the house.

D.R.Horton houses are smaller than advertised in terms of climate-controlled space If you add up all the areas inside the house, including hallways, you have to include the laundry area in the garage, front porch, and patio to get to the square footage advertised in their smaller "Express" series of homes..

Review about: 1000 Sq Ft Express Home Bilbray Ranch Square.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Dr Horton?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion