I bought my first home in Cibolo TX about 8yrs ago. I had many choices in companies since this is a fast growing community but I went with dr Horton because I was told that it was a better quality company. Well I should have gone with another builder that would have cost me a lot less for the same quality perhaps.
It has been one thing after another. Yes my home is 8yrs old but it started the first yr we were here.
From planted dead trees to shingles flying off. I've had to fix my roof 3 times in the 8yrs and just today the roofer said that one of the vent pipes up top my roof fell through I need to get in the attic to push it back through. Are you kidding me this house has been a disaster. And we are not the only ones, my neighbors have the same problems. We moved here 9yrs ago from California and I think that since so many ppl were relocating this builder was trying to keep up with demand and just did a sh&$ty job. Now we are stuck fixing roofs and uneven floors after we pulled up the carpet. We have nails coming out through our walls and ceilings. We have water coming in through our outlets in more then one room it's just ridiculous.
I am selling my home and making sure I never buy a dr Horton home again. Very sad that I had this experience as a first time home buyer. :(
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Dr Horton Home Builders Home
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D...."
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "On 12/27/15 we paid $149 deposit for an open booking for Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos until we could coordinate vacation schedules and approvals through our employer. On 1/11/16 I..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "I now deeply regret not having checked first with the BBB in South Florida prior to doing business with City Furniture. Turns out the BBB has over 300 unresolved complaints..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "I fell asleep while burning a Pier One Candle in my home. The material wrapped around the candle caught on fire and did some serious damage to my wall and..."