We are the homeowners of the DR Horton house that was built in 2007. Over the past year, we have been overwhelmed with the amount of dust particles inside the house. Walking in the house the air is visually smoggy. A layer of dust is on all vertical and horizontal surfaces. Dust is in all rooms, closets, cabinets, clothes, cans, plates, utensils, furniture, and light fixtures, basically all over the house.
In June 2012 Mr. Richard Bolton, DR Horton Customer Representative, sent Energy Inspectors to fix airflow through the exterior and ceiling electrical outlets. He then sent Chas Roberts Air Conditioning Company to check attic coils and replace the air vent.
Mr. Rick McDowell, DR Horton Vice President, came with Mr. Richard Bolton to inspect the house in July 2012 and saw the extent of the dust.
In August 2012, DR Horton sent an Environmental Consulting firm to measure the dust quality and quantity. The findings indicated that there was a lot of dust and that most of it was due to skin cells.
In November 2012, a company called Ductz was summoned to clean out the crawl space in the attic, clean the HVAC ductwork and deodorize the AC unit. Following this we were instructed to clean the ceilings, walls and everything else off the dust, which we did.
Unfortunately the problem persists. Although there was a reduction in the amount of the dust, it remains a problem. There is still fog in the house from the dust. There are still layers of dust on all surfaces, including behind closed doors and drawers. I continue to vacuum, dust and wash everything in the house daily, and yet daily the dust continues to accumulate.
I called Mr. Bolton (480-365-1010) on December 6, 2012 and was told that as far as he is concerned, “We know there is something wrong, there is definitely dust there, but it is no longer our problem, we are done.” Mr. Bolton directed a call to Debby in Customer Service (480-368-2300) and she said, “We already addressed this with the management and legal, and nothing is on us, we are done.” Debby said that Mr. Rick McDowell is the one who made the final decision, and although I could call him, it is unlikely that he would call me back.
Mr. Rick McDowell called back and decided to send Environmental Consulting firm again to measure dust quality and quantity. Their result as was to be expected from a company that is hired by DR Horton was the same.
DR Horton refuses to do anything about the defective house and the dust that continues to be overwhelming in the house.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- New Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "So, back late last year my dad had started talking about wanting to get a security system installed. In January my mother came across an ad from ADT for..."
- "On the 30th on June, my fiancé and I were relieved that we were able to pay off the rest of our furniture within the 90 day period. We had..."
- "DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM DRIVETIME !!! I purchased a 2010 Toyota Camry about 3 months ago. I will give you the short version...I had to take the car..."
- "Purchased a Southern Motion reclining sofa in Feb 2013 and accepted delivery in March of 2013. It's 3 years and 8 months later and the covering is flaking off along..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."
- "I've been a loyal Jawbone customer for...ever, it seems. My UP3 tracker started cracking and is now broken. They're phone support is down. Its been at least 3+days. I could..."