We are the homeowners of the DR Horton house that was built in 2007. Over the past year, we have been overwhelmed with the amount of dust particles inside the house. Walking in the house the air is visually smoggy. A layer of dust is on all vertical and horizontal surfaces. Dust is in all rooms, closets, cabinets, clothes, cans, plates, utensils, furniture, and light fixtures, basically all over the house.
In June 2012 Mr. Richard Bolton, DR Horton Customer Representative, sent Energy Inspectors to fix airflow through the exterior and ceiling electrical outlets. He then sent Chas Roberts Air Conditioning Company to check attic coils and replace the air vent.
Mr. Rick McDowell, DR Horton Vice President, came with Mr. Richard Bolton to inspect the house in July 2012 and saw the extent of the dust.
In August 2012, DR Horton sent an Environmental Consulting firm to measure the dust quality and quantity. The findings indicated that there was a lot of dust and that most of it was due to skin cells.
In November 2012, a company called Ductz was summoned to clean out the crawl space in the attic, clean the HVAC ductwork and deodorize the AC unit. Following this we were instructed to clean the ceilings, walls and everything else off the dust, which we did.
Unfortunately the problem persists. Although there was a reduction in the amount of the dust, it remains a problem. There is still fog in the house from the dust. There are still layers of dust on all surfaces, including behind closed doors and drawers. I continue to vacuum, dust and wash everything in the house daily, and yet daily the dust continues to accumulate.
I called Mr. Bolton (480-365-1010) on December 6, 2012 and was told that as far as he is concerned, “We know there is something wrong, there is definitely dust there, but it is no longer our problem, we are done.” Mr. Bolton directed a call to Debby in Customer Service (480-368-2300) and she said, “We already addressed this with the management and legal, and nothing is on us, we are done.” Debby said that Mr. Rick McDowell is the one who made the final decision, and although I could call him, it is unlikely that he would call me back.
Mr. Rick McDowell called back and decided to send Environmental Consulting firm again to measure dust quality and quantity. Their result as was to be expected from a company that is hired by DR Horton was the same.
DR Horton refuses to do anything about the defective house and the dust that continues to be overwhelming in the house.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- New Construction
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "Flooded basement weekly, sloppy work beyond, constant puddle in garage that I step in daily, because they ignored my request for a drain and 'sloped' the garage, which clearly they..."
- "My DR Horton built home is less than 2 years old at the time of this post. Less than 1 year after my home was finished the driveway has..."
- "I went to the local Fry's Store in Phoenix, AZ on Jan 20th and cashed in my coins as I have many times at the same location. I went to redeem..."
- "Ava's flowers is a fraud! I paid $120 for a gourmet basket. I was horrified when my friend sent me a picture of what she received! I was so embarrassed...."
- "I ordered a pool online delivery date was on time HOWEVER it was delivered in the wrong position, the box was a complete mess! Wholes in the top bottom middle..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."
- " I purchased two tickets was charge for for leaving my bank account overdrawn by $13 not knowing until the end of the park I checked as I took my..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."