BUYER BE AWARE.....We recently purchased a home in the Magnolia Express Leander Tx .We had a large puddle of water on the side of the home which we pointed out at closing and were told it was due to "heavy rain" or over watering.

We contacted Dr Horton after we received a water bill of nearly $500.00 for first months usage (2 people). We submitted the warranty form.The Dr Horton rep came out and turned the water off to the sprinkler system to check for over watering. He left and the trees and plants began to die after 2-3 weeks of no water. Then without any real effort to find the source of the leak we received an email that says the irrigation vendor and plumber decided that there was no leak just over watering of the sprinkler.

No dig, no effort to find the source of water that caused a puddle of 3'x4' and ankle deep. Then they closed out the request without a solution. Claimed they were unable to reach us. The sprinklers were turned off for 2-3 weeks.

Month 2 with a nearly $500.00 water bill for a two person dwelling. Bad faith attempt to run the warranty out to avoid repairs. This is especially disturbing because they are doing this to two disabled persons. My elderly mother who paid cash for this home and my brain injured sister.

Especially disgusting since they are knowingly taking advantage of two people with special needs who do not know how to use a computer to file a complaint. Is this the peace of mind we were sold when we bought our home from "America's Number One Builder"? No way they sold the idea of a brand new home with worry free new construction without hidden/concealed construction issues and a guarantee of #1builder/sound construction and in addition to all this peace of mind they even offered a *****1 year warranty ***** that they do not stand behind. I have made a second request we will see if they address it.

I think they dance consumers around to time out the warranty. Obviously preserving profit margins.

No integrity.....

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue of dr horton home warranty from Dr Horton. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dr Horton to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Khovnanian Homes. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dr Horton for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Dr Horton?

Comments

Snellville, Georgia, United States #1247158

Oh my. I am having the same is in Fayetteville, Georgia. I will never recommed DR Horton to anyone.