We bought our home 4 years ago in Murrells Inlet SC. DR Horton told us the the road would receive a final top coat.

That was a lie. We were told that the wooded area behind our town homes could not be developed. That was a lie, in fact DR Horton is currently developing that area. We were never informed that our community, namely Parmelee, would share our amenities with TWO other developments.

I found this out 7 months after we closed.

Now that hurricane Florence has passed and my roof leaks I was told by a DR Horton representative that because the storm, which was a tropical storm by the time it hit our area, that it was not covered under the warranty because it was a "named storm". DR Horton will say ANYTHING you want to hear while withholding that which you don't want to know in order to sell you a home. AVOID THEM AT ALL COST. Their product is at best sub par.

Their customer service is the worst, and their sales reps are trained to lie with a straight face. BUY FROM ANOTHER DEVELOPER.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dr Horton House Construction.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Unsatisfactory customer service.

Comments

Brian Riccomini

DR Horton lies. Another victim of their scams. This is sad how we get fooled

I would have an independent roofing company come out and perform an inspection. Thousands of DRH roofs Are not installed properly.

You only have 2 years for legal action. They count the day you signed the closing documents.