DR Horton Has Poured My Driveway Incorrectly 3 Times and Won't Fix It
Update added by user Apr 12, 2011
I forgot to mention that Kirk Hughes himself as well as the division president who both said no to re-pouring the driveway never even came to look at it themselves.
Update added by user Apr 11, 2011
I was too quick on saying I wish I could post pictures, lol. Obviously I found I was able to.
Original review posted by user Apr 11, 2011
In May of 2010 DR Horton poured the driveway to my brand new house. Whomever they contracted to pour it, covered the cap to my sewer clean out and instead of fixing it, scooped it out. After contacting DR Horton about this, they came and re-poured that piece of driveway, making the driveway flush to the clean out.
A couple of months after closing, a crack appeared that went nearly the entire length of the driveway and went the entire depth of the concrete. I submitted this as a problem, so DR Horton came back out, ripped up that piece of the driveway and re-poured it. This time the concrete did not match the rest of the driveway. I contacted DR Horton and they told me to wait for it to bleach out and that it would eventually match the rest.
Well, here we are now 9-10 months later and that piece of concrete is lighter than the rest of my driveway and a total eye sore. I contacted DR Horton about this issue and Kirk Hughes the man in charge of Customer Satisfaction and Warranty Services (based out of their Jacksonville, FL office) was kind enough to let me know that this was no longer DR Horton's problem after first lying to myself and my father about the conversations he had had with our local building representative.
It seems now that they have my money they no longer care. This is an unfortunately situation. I made a $150,000+ investment into a home where the driveway does not match and is an eye sore. As a person with OCD, this is very distracting and DR Horton doesn't care. I do not have in my budget enough money to fix my driveway anytime in the near future.
I am very displeased and this is only my first stop on blogging and social networking sites to discuss this.
I do not suggest anyone buy from DR Horton.
I wish I was able to post pictures of the driveway.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades. After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid..."
- "Letter sent to College works with NO response.Please find below comments on my experience with College Works. Nathen (project manager) explained the process to me, and as a business..."
- "Supposedly we bought a "luxury" home, ie an Emerald division home in Los Angeles. Time and again, when we bring up quality issues with customer service and site supervisor, I..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "On June 7th we made a simple drop-off to have a chipped diamond replaced in Emily’s wedding ring. We were told that her ring repair was covered under a service..."
- "I made a reservation for a rental car last night on advantage.com. I read all the verbiage that was on my reservation screen. Apparently, you have to click..."
- "My family of 5 went on vacation to Disney World last April. On the first day we were there I was injured while sitting in my wheel chair at the..."