Update added by user Apr 12, 2011
I forgot to mention that Kirk Hughes himself as well as the division president who both said no to re-pouring the driveway never even came to look at it themselves.
Update added by user Apr 11, 2011
I was too quick on saying I wish I could post pictures, lol. Obviously I found I was able to.
Original review posted by user Apr 11, 2011
In May of 2010 DR Horton poured the driveway to my brand new house. Whomever they contracted to pour it, covered the cap to my sewer clean out and instead of fixing it, scooped it out. After contacting DR Horton about this, they came and re-poured that piece of driveway, making the driveway flush to the clean out.
A couple of months after closing, a crack appeared that went nearly the entire length of the driveway and went the entire depth of the concrete. I submitted this as a problem, so DR Horton came back out, ripped up that piece of the driveway and re-poured it. This time the concrete did not match the rest of the driveway. I contacted DR Horton and they told me to wait for it to bleach out and that it would eventually match the rest.
Well, here we are now 9-10 months later and that piece of concrete is lighter than the rest of my driveway and a total eye sore. I contacted DR Horton about this issue and Kirk Hughes the man in charge of Customer Satisfaction and Warranty Services (based out of their Jacksonville, FL office) was kind enough to let me know that this was no longer DR Horton's problem after first lying to myself and my father about the conversations he had had with our local building representative.
It seems now that they have my money they no longer care. This is an unfortunately situation. I made a $150,000+ investment into a home where the driveway does not match and is an eye sore. As a person with OCD, this is very distracting and DR Horton doesn't care. I do not have in my budget enough money to fix my driveway anytime in the near future.
I am very displeased and this is only my first stop on blogging and social networking sites to discuss this.
I do not suggest anyone buy from DR Horton.
I wish I was able to post pictures of the driveway.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "My DR Horton built home is less than 2 years old at the time of this post. Less than 1 year after my home was finished the driveway has..."
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "I had a five month old German Shepherd and I was taking him regularly to Banfield Pet Hospital on 6134 E. Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32807, every time we..."
- "LG High Efficiency Washer Orig cost $1099 – I got at discount then - LG wants to pay me $400 and take my washer because they dismantled and trashed my..."
- "Their service sucks! Couple days ago I notice my page was in blank when I had many listings and I contact them by email and they said because they send..."
- "I bought a whirlpool washer and got arrested in the and I bought extended warranty and they won't fix it..."
- "I actually had an ok experience. You HAVE to read the fine.print. You HAVE to read the ordering instructions... ALL of them. You HAVE to order WAY ahead of time..atleast a month before..."