My DR Horton built home is less than 2 years old at the time of this post.Less than 1 year after my home was finished the driveway has terrible scaling and is crumbling away.
It also has major discoloration throughout and is cracking outside of the control joints. These are all indicators that the concrete flatwork was installed improperly. I know this because I work for a major construction company that builds multi-million dollar single-family homes, multi-family homes, hospitals, schools, buildings for airports and luxury hotels and resorts. I have tried to work with DR Horton for over 7 months now trying to get them to either seal the driveway so the scaling does not get any worse or replace the compromised sections of the driveway.
I'm not too concerned with the discoloration but it just reiterates the fact that the install was done improperly. DR Horton refuses to acknowledge they installed the flatwork improperly and refuses to fix anything because they state that the flatwork is not covered under warranty. Speaking with representatives at DR Horton it is like talking to a broken record or a rock with a note attached to it that says "flatwork is not covered under warranty." I advised them that just because they don't cover something under a warranty doesn't mean they can install it incorrectly or half-hazardly. It is pretty distressing to say the least that DR Horton does not stand by their concrete flatwork considering how much of the home consists of concrete flatwork.
When I spoke with the regional warranty manager he said that they used to warranty the flatwork but had so many problems with it they stopped!! What? Why wouldn't you improve your product instead? Needless to say I am still trying to get this fixed but DR Horton has not returned any of my contact requests for some months now.
I guess they know that it would cost just as much for me to sue them as it would to replace the driveway myself.
This was my first home ever purchased and it sucks that it has gone sour.I will never give DR Horton any business again and plan on steering people way so they don't get duped into a poorly built home as well.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "My daughter wanted Wen to see her "review". In case photo is not readable, it says: "Poison" "You broke my heart" "How would you feel?" "Me (picture) notice I did not draw hair" "Now..."
- "I live in Sonoma Resort in Aurora, CO. Greystar bought the property about halfway through my lease. All they do is collect the rent. It took 3 requests and 3..."
- " 11/1/2016 My story, my run in with the Lifeline Wireless Program (On-going) On October 27, 2016 I walked to my local store, one block away. I am disabled with some mobility problems,..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "i trusted a friend and signed up, within 20 minutes of making my first order i called in because i wanted to cancel it, i didn't notice that there was..."
- "I purchased a North Trail 21FBS in May of 2015 from Camping World of Kissimmee, FL. Right off the batthe 120v. heater didnt work on AC, Shower head was clogged..."