DR Horton does not stand by their product

243 of 310 Dr Horton reviews

My DR Horton built home is less than 2 years old at the time of this post.Less than 1 year after my home was finished the driveway has terrible scaling and is crumbling away.

It also has major discoloration throughout and is cracking outside of the control joints. These are all indicators that the concrete flatwork was installed improperly. I know this because I work for a major construction company that builds multi-million dollar single-family homes, multi-family homes, hospitals, schools, buildings for airports and luxury hotels and resorts. I have tried to work with DR Horton for over 7 months now trying to get them to either seal the driveway so the scaling does not get any worse or replace the compromised sections of the driveway.

I'm not too concerned with the discoloration but it just reiterates the fact that the install was done improperly. DR Horton refuses to acknowledge they installed the flatwork improperly and refuses to fix anything because they state that the flatwork is not covered under warranty. Speaking with representatives at DR Horton it is like talking to a broken record or a rock with a note attached to it that says "flatwork is not covered under warranty." I advised them that just because they don't cover something under a warranty doesn't mean they can install it incorrectly or half-hazardly. It is pretty distressing to say the least that DR Horton does not stand by their concrete flatwork considering how much of the home consists of concrete flatwork.

When I spoke with the regional warranty manager he said that they used to warranty the flatwork but had so many problems with it they stopped!! What? Why wouldn't you improve your product instead? Needless to say I am still trying to get this fixed but DR Horton has not returned any of my contact requests for some months now.

I guess they know that it would cost just as much for me to sue them as it would to replace the driveway myself.

This was my first home ever purchased and it sucks that it has gone sour.I will never give DR Horton any business again and plan on steering people way so they don't get duped into a poorly built home as well.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
243 of 310 Dr Horton reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.