My DR Horton built home is less than 2 years old at the time of this post.Less than 1 year after my home was finished the driveway has terrible scaling and is crumbling away.
It also has major discoloration throughout and is cracking outside of the control joints. These are all indicators that the concrete flatwork was installed improperly. I know this because I work for a major construction company that builds multi-million dollar single-family homes, multi-family homes, hospitals, schools, buildings for airports and luxury hotels and resorts. I have tried to work with DR Horton for over 7 months now trying to get them to either seal the driveway so the scaling does not get any worse or replace the compromised sections of the driveway.
I'm not too concerned with the discoloration but it just reiterates the fact that the install was done improperly. DR Horton refuses to acknowledge they installed the flatwork improperly and refuses to fix anything because they state that the flatwork is not covered under warranty. Speaking with representatives at DR Horton it is like talking to a broken record or a rock with a note attached to it that says "flatwork is not covered under warranty." I advised them that just because they don't cover something under a warranty doesn't mean they can install it incorrectly or half-hazardly. It is pretty distressing to say the least that DR Horton does not stand by their concrete flatwork considering how much of the home consists of concrete flatwork.
When I spoke with the regional warranty manager he said that they used to warranty the flatwork but had so many problems with it they stopped!! What? Why wouldn't you improve your product instead? Needless to say I am still trying to get this fixed but DR Horton has not returned any of my contact requests for some months now.
I guess they know that it would cost just as much for me to sue them as it would to replace the driveway myself.
This was my first home ever purchased and it sucks that it has gone sour.I will never give DR Horton any business again and plan on steering people way so they don't get duped into a poorly built home as well.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "I received my written notice of my lease expiration and pending rent increase when and if I renew my lease in October. My current base rent is $1,454.00..."
- "Elder abuse and fraud all too often goes undetected and unreported. Seldom is it prosecuted. The following case is an Example of Elder Abuse and Fraud committed by trusted..."
- "I started using R+F at the end of this past May. I was so impressed with my personal results within (3 days), that I decided to join to get a..."