My DR Horton built home is less than 2 years old at the time of this post.Less than 1 year after my home was finished the driveway has terrible scaling and is crumbling away.
It also has major discoloration throughout and is cracking outside of the control joints. These are all indicators that the concrete flatwork was installed improperly. I know this because I work for a major construction company that builds multi-million dollar single-family homes, multi-family homes, hospitals, schools, buildings for airports and luxury hotels and resorts. I have tried to work with DR Horton for over 7 months now trying to get them to either seal the driveway so the scaling does not get any worse or replace the compromised sections of the driveway.
I'm not too concerned with the discoloration but it just reiterates the fact that the install was done improperly. DR Horton refuses to acknowledge they installed the flatwork improperly and refuses to fix anything because they state that the flatwork is not covered under warranty. Speaking with representatives at DR Horton it is like talking to a broken record or a rock with a note attached to it that says "flatwork is not covered under warranty." I advised them that just because they don't cover something under a warranty doesn't mean they can install it incorrectly or half-hazardly. It is pretty distressing to say the least that DR Horton does not stand by their concrete flatwork considering how much of the home consists of concrete flatwork.
When I spoke with the regional warranty manager he said that they used to warranty the flatwork but had so many problems with it they stopped!! What? Why wouldn't you improve your product instead? Needless to say I am still trying to get this fixed but DR Horton has not returned any of my contact requests for some months now.
I guess they know that it would cost just as much for me to sue them as it would to replace the driveway myself.
This was my first home ever purchased and it sucks that it has gone sour.I will never give DR Horton any business again and plan on steering people way so they don't get duped into a poorly built home as well.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D...."
- "Do Not buy a Dr Horton Home! They knew about faulty water pipes well before they sold us our home in 2012. They couldn't care less about the damage..."
- "2016 fleetwood jamboree sport 26 foot. Was to be my retirement home. Purchased march 31st 2016. To date Sept 4 3016 have been nowhere. Lots of small issues initially then..."
- "I was called by benjamin Franklin plumbing and they offered to do a water heater servicing and a full house plumbing inspection for 20.00,,, they were late to arrive and..."
- " Larry Allen Fail - MacPhale ..."
- " All Reviews Telecommunications Fox News 48 of 272 reviews Fox News The Kelly File Tv Show Review from Helotes, Texas ISSUE NOT RESOLVED Helotes, Texas Oct 19 ..."
- "I bought a primo bottom loader water cooler it also Wiil give u hot water for tea etc. I had it for 6. Months and both functions failed. ..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."