DR Horton Admits incorrectly installed roof, but still refuses to fix it.
I am a former US Marine Corps Combat Veteran, and bought my first home using my VA Loan from DR Horton approximately 2 years ago. What should have been one of the happiest times in my life for my young family and I has turned into our worst nightmare.
We have so many issues with our home I have almost lost count. Our roof leaks. Our AC and heater has broken twice already one time causing mold to grow out of our ceiling.
I have attached pictures of both the leaking roof and the AC that was installed so poorly that water was pooling in the duct work.
DR Horton even went so far as to admitted in an email that the roof on my home was installed incorrectly. After being provided proof they did it (see link) they still refuse to resolve the issue. http://imgur.com/a/UN5OY
Ultimately I hope this review keeps someone else from making the same mistakes we did and trusting "America's #1 Builder". As far as I am concerned they have been making America Terrible for over 35 years!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Blaming us
- Lot of lip service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "We moved in 11 April 2014. LOVED our house although there were several things that were mentioned at our punch list that were flat out ignored (still, to this day..."
- "I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D...."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "I called Ron Carter on 10/23/14 at 12:00pm about a 2013 hyundai veloster they had listed on their website for $11,950, the sales lady on the phone confirmed the mileage..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."