DR Horton Admits incorrectly installed roof, but still refuses to fix it.

I am a former US Marine Corps Combat Veteran, and bought my first home using my VA Loan from DR Horton approximately 2 years ago. What should have been one of the happiest times in my life for my young family and I has turned into our worst nightmare.

We have so many issues with our home I have almost lost count. Our roof leaks. Our AC and heater has broken twice already one time causing mold to grow out of our ceiling.

I have attached pictures of both the leaking roof and the AC that was installed so poorly that water was pooling in the duct work.

DR Horton even went so far as to admitted in an email that the roof on my home was installed incorrectly. After being provided proof they did it (see link) they still refuse to resolve the issue. http://imgur.com/a/UN5OY

Ultimately I hope this review keeps someone else from making the same mistakes we did and trusting "America's #1 Builder". As far as I am concerned they have been making America Terrible for over 35 years!

Anthony Gruetzmacher

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Dr Horton Houston
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #900603

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dr Horton? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dr Horton. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Dr Horton.
Filing a new complaint about