Carpentersville, Illinois

D.R.

Horton built my new Energy Star Certified home and chose to eliminate key elements of the system. After multiple requests they have not supplied me with an Energy Star report on my home. I have found that they secretly eliminate Energy Star key elements like properly sized HVAC system and they have eliminated the fresh air inlet which exchanges the stale air in a "tightly sealed" home. When I brought this HEALTH HAZARD to they're attention they said "you don't need it, and most people don't like it".

So they're saying that most people like breathing contaminated are? I will fight for my rights! They advertise a fresh are system in they're sales office and it is a requirement in order to be Energy Star Certified!

I have also experienced deceptive practices with my basement and the electrical wiring of my home.When I caught them they acted surprised but gave in and provided the proper home wiring at no extra cost.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Dr Horton?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Dr Horton - D.R. Horton Nightmare house in SC Dr Horton "Less the 3 years ago we bought a beautiful home built by DR Horton, to find that our beautiful home was just a start of a hellish nightmare. It first..." Read more DR Horton Admits incorrectly installed roof, but still refuses to fix it. Dr Horton "I am a former US Marine Corps Combat Veteran, and bought my first home using my VA Loan from DR Horton approximately 2 years ago. What should have been one..." Read more Dr Horton - Secondary drainage AC Dr Horton "The house was built very fast, and the home inspection didnt reveal the secondary pan damage. Im in contact with the builder and he is willing to meet mr to..." Read more Review about Dr Horton Home Builders Home from Cibolo, Texas Dr Horton "I bought my first home in Cibolo TX about 8yrs ago. I had many choices in companies since this is a fast growing community but I went with dr Horton..." Read more Sonic - NASTY EMPLOYEE SQUATTER HOARDER Sonic "I SHOWED the manager proof of the employee squatting in a shed infested with fleas roaches sleeps on a mattress on the floor amongst cat *** and urine digs holes..." Read more Window World - Windows shut, but not locked-poor excuse ! Window World "Had very heavy rains past two weeks and of course, when it rains very heavy, anyone with common sense would not leave their windows wide open. Window World was contracted..." Read more CrossCountry Mortgage - Terrible! CrossCountry Mortgage "Our ordeal began upon a recommendation from our realtor on March 23, 2017 when I contacted Sean LeBlanc of Cross Country in Salem, NH. In my very first email explained..." Read more Alside Window - Poor product quality, poor customer service, unethical business practices Alside Window "Bought a home (new construction) in '09 with Alside single-hung windows. After 5 years one of them started fogging up when the low-e reflective coating started to corrode. Now I..." Read more