Dr Horton - Deceptive sales practices and fraud

Horton built my new Energy Star Certified home and chose to eliminate key elements of the system. After multiple requests they have not supplied me with an Energy Star report on my home. I have found that they secretly eliminate Energy Star key elements like properly sized HVAC system and they have eliminated the fresh air inlet which exchanges the stale air in a "tightly sealed" home. When I brought this HEALTH HAZARD to they're attention they said "you don't need it, and most people don't like it".

So they're saying that most people like breathing contaminated are? I will fight for my rights! They advertise a fresh are system in they're sales office and it is a requirement in order to be Energy Star Certified!

I have also experienced deceptive practices with my basement and the electrical wiring of my home.When I caught them they acted surprised but gave in and provided the proper home wiring at no extra cost.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Energy Star Certified Home
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #638163 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dr Horton? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Dr Horton. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Dr Horton.
Filing a new complaint about