326 views

D.R. Horton operating as Regent Homes used Duct tape on my piping!

My experience with the shoddy workmanship and egregious disregard for safety and code by D.R. Horton has left me anxious, sorely disappointed yet not surprised by Big Corp's lack of accountability & greed once again taking advantage of hardworking folk's desire to be first-time homeowners.

I cant help but feel this a reflection of what we are seeing in todays America and relate this back to good business sense for small business owners. How you treat your employees matters. How you treat your customers matter!

In the social media age, news travels at such a rapid speed. People you have had no direct contact with are Influencing our spending habits. I find myself relying more and more on reviews and word of mouth referrals. Doing your due diligence in this world fraught with scammers, bots, and other unscrupulous characters are paramount, we have to make every attempt to partner with those companies and people for whom integrity is more than just a word.

D.R. Horton Homes Jason Stoogenke WSOC TV Reporter

After several examples of faulty workmanship have exposed themselves since building my home in 2015, including a water heater that broke and flooded my garage 2 years into moving in. The most deplorable was the use of duct tape, instead of solvent welded fittings, on my piping.

This reprehensible violation allowed roots to grow in the piping resulting in overflow in the downstairs bathroom which exposed 3 rooms to sewage. The use of duct table was only uncovered after I, a single mother during a pandemic, spent thousands of dollars of savings to dig up my front yard.

The posture from DR Hortons thru its attorney is that, they would disagree duct tape was used despite photos and documentation from the excavation and because the repair was done they are unable to investigate.

Peace and blessings to you in this new year.

Comments