My husband and I purchased our home in 2006.During the process, our loan officer and his assistant were so poor, they ended up being fired.

They signed us up for an 80/15/5 loan without fully explaining that we would be responsible for a balloon payment on our second mortgage after 10 years. They also did not return e-mails or phone calls. Drama.

We hired an independent home inspector to inspect our home before our first walk-through. At that time, the inspector found (among other things) holes in the roof located over our bay window in the master bedroom.

During our first walk-through, we were assured by the superintendent and his assistant that this problem had been rectified. He even took us on the second floor of our home where we could look down onto the roof of this bay window to see where they had placed new roof tiles. Everything was fine until Tropical Storm Fay made an appearance. We have two windows leaking so bad we've had to place towels on the window sills.

The ceiling in our master bedroom where the bay window is located has leaked so bad there is now a hole in the ceiling. Of course since it's been two years, we are no longer under warranty, and the 10 year limited warranty they provide only covers major structural damage. Now I have to go through my insurance company to get this fixed (I've already called them), but no telling how long this will take to get fixed, and what drama I'll have to go through to get it done. I am beyond disgusted with D.R.

Horton, and will recommend that no one buy from these sheisters.

Review about: Dr Horton Warranty.

Had an Experience with Dr Horton?

Comments

D R Horton's affiliated mortgage company is widely known to originate predatory loans. Search for 'd r horton' and 'predatory lending' As for construction defects- try 'd r horton' and 'construction defects' I hope that you have lots of time to read those complaints. Look to Centex- they are far better.

you must be in florida.....Aberdeen?