Less the 3 years ago we bought a beautiful home built by DR Horton, to find that our beautiful home was just a start of a hellish nightmare.
It first started when we moved in and found out the paint ( what little they used ) was recalled and our walls looked like a patched quilt, they refused to come and repaint ( meanwhile the two empty homes on both sides of us got a new paint job.
Our next nightmare came when we started to noticed each and every stud on all exterior walls,where showing through. So we were worried about Mold as the walls looked wet,We hired a home inspector and was told we had 4 types of mold ( Thankfully not the dangerous kind). And that we had an air flow problem.
Next came a Forensic Engineer hired by our Home owners insurance also saying we have air flow problems , the design system was antiquate for a home of our size not cleaning the air correctly, ( At this point we are changing our air filters out every 2 weeks.)
We have been told by everyone we have hired or has inspected our home BUT DR Horton that our HVAC unit is and was undersized for the size of the home. Al their investigations conclude we do not have proper air flow.
The one's that DR Horton hired tells us its because we smoke and burn candles and cooking that is causing the particles to be collected on the walls and carpet.
This week our AC went ... Hired someone to come look and fix and was told that we needed a new air compressor because the unit is under sized and found out that parts of the unit had already been replaced before we even bought the house. He is coming back to check all the air duct and air flow throughout the hose, all of which we are having to pay for, The front rooms stay hot and the back of the house is super cold, The dirt in the attic is awful and comes through every light switch and electrical outlets,
The house was poorly built using the cheapest of materials.
They are just giving us one run around after another til the statue of limitations runs out ...
This is not what we expected from our first home we have ever bought a sorry investment on our part.
BUYER'S BEWARE after closing you WILL NOT get any more help.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lot of lip service
- Ignored me for a big issue
- Blaming us
- Reason of review:
- Multiple of the above
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Home Construction
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Horrible experience! Trash left behind and a broken window hidden behind one of our trailers. I refuse to pick up after the "techs" again. I notified the company and they..."
- "I had my windows installed in September 2016. I wish I had my old windows yet. They did a horrid job. My picture window is bowed and..."
- "If there was a negative star rating that is what I would choose. We were told our kitchen would be completed in 2 weeks and it has been double the..."
- "After getting through their phone system I finally got to a human. I ordered a timing chain set for my van that was claimed to be a Cloyes Gear &..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "We booked our "resort" in Myrtle Beach. When we got there we went to our room. Expecting something nice, I got a 2 bit motel room with no..."
- "Ok so I got my fenders and my fender flares back this evening(only took them 7 hours to do 4 base coats and then 4 clear coats on these bad..."
- "@ 7/24/16- ordered a mug & iphone case with a cat design. Received tracking number promptly. 8/4/16- received package- only mug, no iphone case. 8/4/16- called customer service- spoke to Kate. She stated..."