Less the 3 years ago we bought a beautiful home built by DR Horton, to find that our beautiful home was just a start of a hellish nightmare.
It first started when we moved in and found out the paint ( what little they used ) was recalled and our walls looked like a patched quilt, they refused to come and repaint ( meanwhile the two empty homes on both sides of us got a new paint job.
Our next nightmare came when we started to noticed each and every stud on all exterior walls,where showing through. So we were worried about Mold as the walls looked wet,We hired a home inspector and was told we had 4 types of mold ( Thankfully not the dangerous kind). And that we had an air flow problem.
Next came a Forensic Engineer hired by our Home owners insurance also saying we have air flow problems , the design system was antiquate for a home of our size not cleaning the air correctly, ( At this point we are changing our air filters out every 2 weeks.)
We have been told by everyone we have hired or has inspected our home BUT DR Horton that our HVAC unit is and was undersized for the size of the home. Al their investigations conclude we do not have proper air flow.
The one's that DR Horton hired tells us its because we smoke and burn candles and cooking that is causing the particles to be collected on the walls and carpet.
This week our AC went ... Hired someone to come look and fix and was told that we needed a new air compressor because the unit is under sized and found out that parts of the unit had already been replaced before we even bought the house. He is coming back to check all the air duct and air flow throughout the hose, all of which we are having to pay for, The front rooms stay hot and the back of the house is super cold, The dirt in the attic is awful and comes through every light switch and electrical outlets,
The house was poorly built using the cheapest of materials.
They are just giving us one run around after another til the statue of limitations runs out ...
This is not what we expected from our first home we have ever bought a sorry investment on our part.
BUYER'S BEWARE after closing you WILL NOT get any more help.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lot of lip service
- Ignored me for a big issue
- Blaming us
- Reason of review:
- Multiple of the above
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Home Construction
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "this is a new shingle installed on my roof many more just like it an over nailed passed hernando county code inspection.also sears 3rd party inspector.problem is they are unable..."
- "i'm building vail model it is an A frame home.it is in the woods on 5 acres.with trees everywhere. we are not permited to clear all of the land. when they..."
- " Self deception, conflicts of interest, a feeling of possible corruption, and completely abandoning moral fiber are all words I would use to describe the owners..."
- "The word ‘resort’ is used very loosely here. We stayed July 10, 2016 – July 12, 2016. • TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!! THIS PLACE DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS!! • Used Priceline for booking..."
- "We booked our "resort" in Myrtle Beach. When we got there we went to our room. Expecting something nice, I got a 2 bit motel room with no..."
- "Building a house in SC. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. It started from day one. The footing were poured and foundation built wrong and not..."
- "I know that moves can be tricky and I've worked with several national and local companies, but this was the WORST experience with a crew I have ever had. Honestly,..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."