Less the 3 years ago we bought a beautiful home built by DR Horton, to find that our beautiful home was just a start of a hellish nightmare.
It first started when we moved in and found out the paint ( what little they used ) was recalled and our walls looked like a patched quilt, they refused to come and repaint ( meanwhile the two empty homes on both sides of us got a new paint job.
Our next nightmare came when we started to noticed each and every stud on all exterior walls,where showing through. So we were worried about Mold as the walls looked wet,We hired a home inspector and was told we had 4 types of mold ( Thankfully not the dangerous kind). And that we had an air flow problem.
Next came a Forensic Engineer hired by our Home owners insurance also saying we have air flow problems , the design system was antiquate for a home of our size not cleaning the air correctly, ( At this point we are changing our air filters out every 2 weeks.)
We have been told by everyone we have hired or has inspected our home BUT DR Horton that our HVAC unit is and was undersized for the size of the home. Al their investigations conclude we do not have proper air flow.
The one's that DR Horton hired tells us its because we smoke and burn candles and cooking that is causing the particles to be collected on the walls and carpet.
This week our AC went ... Hired someone to come look and fix and was told that we needed a new air compressor because the unit is under sized and found out that parts of the unit had already been replaced before we even bought the house. He is coming back to check all the air duct and air flow throughout the hose, all of which we are having to pay for, The front rooms stay hot and the back of the house is super cold, The dirt in the attic is awful and comes through every light switch and electrical outlets,
The house was poorly built using the cheapest of materials.
They are just giving us one run around after another til the statue of limitations runs out ...
This is not what we expected from our first home we have ever bought a sorry investment on our part.
BUYER'S BEWARE after closing you WILL NOT get any more help.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lot of lip service
- Ignored me for a big issue
- Blaming us
- Reason of review:
- Multiple of the above
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Home Construction
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Not exactly a cheaper option to hiring a REAL painter. They missed whole sections of my siding, it took three times out to finally cover the siding completely (what I..."
- "Servpro in Durango, Colorado;;a franchise owned by a very vocal, obnoxious, and greedy man. This company serves as a bad example for Servpro, by knowingly allowing its subcontractors to perform..."
- "The house was built very fast, and the home inspection didnt reveal the secondary pan damage. Im in contact with the builder and he is willing to meet mr to..."
- "We booked our "resort" in Myrtle Beach. When we got there we went to our room. Expecting something nice, I got a 2 bit motel room with no..."
- "@ 7/24/16- ordered a mug & iphone case with a cat design. Received tracking number promptly. 8/4/16- received package- only mug, no iphone case. 8/4/16- called customer service- spoke to Kate. She stated..."
- "I had a repo i called graceland portable Buildings to pick the building up.on 05/21/2016 on05/23/2016.thay sents a drive that pickes up for Graceland portable Building to pick up my..."
- "I recently bought 2 numbers for overseas. The service was terrible. About 50% of the time I was getting either one-way connection (the other party was hearing me, but I..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "I have a 96 f150 I bought 3rd hand. This year and model has a recall issued due to the part pictured catching fire. Since I am the 3rd owner..."