Byer beware whenpurchasing a Dr.Horton home his worda and actions do not stand for anything.

It is pitiful that you pay as much as you do for his properties that are not well constructed at all. I have been trying to get a drainage problem resloved since Sept. 09. Submitting a warranty request is not as good as the paper it is written on.

Now I must attain a lawyer to deal with Dr. Horton ans his employees'.

Maybe when he is involved something might get down.If that does not work the media is the next avenue to travel.

Had an Experience with Dr Horton?

Comments

It seems they continue to design poorly.

I see I am not the only DR Horton home owner that is having warranty issues that are never resolved because they claim they not structral and are NOT warranty issues.

Excuse me !

but who build these DR Horton homes? they did , so why not back up your warranty!!!!!!!!!! I have extremely thin walls with no insulation, drainage problems outside, an extremely steep driveway that is cracking in several places and numerous issues that they come in and fix superficially only and do not take care of the problem.

I think going to Media /News is my next step.Please do not buy from DR Horton, listed to these DR Horton home owners.

Sunshine Bay, New South Wales, Australia #183788

Bought a home in McCalla AL - Rosser Cove Feb 2007.Just shy of 30 days being 2 years, discovered 8" x 8" hole under the carpet in coat closet with dirt/water/mold.

Excess calk was put around the trim to hide this hole. Hired an attorney. They hired a home inspector who found A LOT more problems -no flashing behind the brick, windows not taped, main beam not touching rafters, water coming in from roof on top of hot-water heater in garage, water coming in living room window & split window seal. They want to give me $8,000 to fix all of this plus pay attorney's 40%.

I will NEVER buy another DR Horton home.BEWARE!

D R Horton's warranty is a sham.Simply type in 'd r horton' in any search engine and immediately find 500 consumer complaints about this company.

The complaints nearly overwhelm D R Horton's own website.Visit drhortonfraud.com for the extent of their racketeering -including corrupting officials and judges.

SO TRUE I HAD THEIR PPL TELL ME A BUNCH OF BULL "***" THAT THE PROBLEMS I WAS HAVING WERE NOT STRUCTURAL BUT ACCORDING TO THE CONTRACT WE SIGNED AND THE WALK THRU PAPERS IN THE CLAUSES THEY GIVE U, IT IS STRUCTURAL DAMAGE AND THEY WILL DENY IT TIME AFTER TIME. THE CITY OF TRUSSVILLE, AL EVEN SAID IT WAS STRUCTUAL WHEN THEY RELOOKED AT THE HOUSE THIS YEAR AND SAW THE PAPERS WE HAD KEPT. THANK GOD I DID.

from reading on all track home builders it really doesn't matter which company you go with. They all have faults, they all have lazy superintendants who have no clue what they are doing. So it really doesn't matter who you buy from cause your gonna ave a complaint anyway

To Jon Bourgoyne.I agree with TX Homebuyer.

DR Horton should be aware of what they are building on top of before they build. Because they did not, they should honor their warranties to make it right. It should be up to DR Horton to argue this point with the land developers, not the buyer.

One last comment, Jon, you should really use spell check before you post comments.Your comments easily go unwarranted by readers when you can't even spell "planning".

While D.R.Horton may not develop the subdivision lots it seems to me that they would have the responsibility of making sure there was proper drainage after they built the home.

My structural engineer told me that if we bought a lot with inadequate drainage and fixed it ourselves down the road when and if there were problems D.R.

Horton would NOT honor the warranty because we had changed the configuration of the land.Not that they honor their warranties in the first place from what I've read.

Maybe, Just Maybe you should assume some responsiblity and add some dirt to you property.Do you think that might work?

are your hands too pretty to get dirty?? also D R Horton does not develope any subdivision plots.

so maybe you should consult with the Engineer who developed the subdivision and the city planing comission who approved it..just a suggestion............