Supposedly we bought a "luxury" home, ie an Emerald division home in Los Angeles.Time and again, when we bring up quality issues with customer service and site supervisor, I was told I shouldn't expect anything else since there are "production homes".
In other words, same crews, same poor workmanship, just a higher price. More than 70 days after moving in, our list of outstanding items is growing, not shrinking. Lots of promises, items that require workers to come back 2 or 3 times to fix things, it almost seems intentional so that homeowners give up trying to address the issues. Examples: stairs not to code, gas sediment trap not to code, electrical outlet boxes throughout the house not secured properly, doors misaligned, chipped tiles, shower floors pooling water, poor paint workmanship, water heater installed in the path of cars, backyard door can be unlocked with a screwdriver.
The list goes on and on...and promises from Customer Service, if I even get an answer, remain just that - promises.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "10 years ago DR Horton built the home I just bought 3 years ago. There was an empty lot next door, which made sense as the model of my..."
- "Less the 3 years ago we bought a beautiful home built by DR Horton, to find that our beautiful home was just a start of a hellish nightmare. It first..."
- "They might deserve one start for the actual pool. But this company is HORRIBLE -their work is that is.... DO NOT HIRE THEM..... You will pay dearly. Be..."
- "The owner of the “said” car claimed I damaged his tire, yet I have a solid witness who was with me when I dropped the car off! Just look at..."
- "We bought 4 BendPak auto lifts. The city demanded we get a permit for them. The inspector from the L.A. Dept. of Bldg. and Safety refused to issue..."
- "I had a blackberry to be delivered to me coming from Canada and Yes, a signature was required, however, it was supposed to be my signature and I did Not..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."