Supposedly we bought a "luxury" home, ie an Emerald division home in Los Angeles. Time and again, when we bring up quality issues with customer service and site supervisor, I was told I shouldn't expect anything else since there are "production homes".

In other words, same crews, same poor workmanship, just a higher price. More than 70 days after moving in, our list of outstanding items is growing, not shrinking. Lots of promises, items that require workers to come back 2 or 3 times to fix things, it almost seems intentional so that homeowners give up trying to address the issues. Examples: stairs not to code, gas sediment trap not to code, electrical outlet boxes throughout the house not secured properly, doors misaligned, chipped tiles, shower floors pooling water, poor paint workmanship, water heater installed in the path of cars, backyard door can be unlocked with a screwdriver.

The list goes on and on... and promises from Customer Service, if I even get an answer, remain just that - promises.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dr Horton House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 10, 2016.

Comments

Cece_B56
Seattle, Washington, United States #1328423

We backed out on a DR Horton purchase due to a faulty garage floor. I had to picket their office in Kirkland WA just to regain half of our earnest money. We put down 10k and only recovered 5k.

to Cece_B56 #1370804